UKNHCP is an organisation for ALL equine health professionals and those interested in horse wellness. We have our roots in the barefoot horse movement and all our members are passionate about whole horse health using nutritional knowledge, bio-mechanics, correct training methods and hoof function to help support and maintain whole horse health.
We focusing on improving the quality of the life of horses in domestication. We have five key objectives:
- Improve the quality of the life of horses in domestication.
- Use current research and carry out research into hoof function and horse health.
- Provide high quality lectures and seminars for all in the equine health profession.
- Share and demonstrate our findings and practical experience with our members.
- Share and demonstrate our findings and practical experience with the wider equine community.
We are building an equine learning community. In this equine community horse owners can find whole horse orientated professionals who are interested in working in teams, are open minded and up to date in their thinking and approach to sourcing new information. Our directory aims to bridge and integrate the world of equine professionals so that horse owners have a place to find highly skilled, highly competent and highly knowledgeable horse professionals from trimmers and farriers to vets, physio, saddlers and trainers. Please find our members directory here.
By inviting equine professionals from outside the organisation we hope to broaden the skills and expertise within the organisation so that we can continue grow and develop our knowledge of whole horse health. If you are interested in becoming affiliated to our organisation please apply on the Join Us page.
To qualify for membership you must demonstrate an inclusive outlook, a thirst for learning and embrace a whole horse approach to equine wellness. You could be a body worker, equine vet, equine dentist, equine nutritionalist, equine trainer, saddler etc.